Friday, August 2, 2013

Maybelline Color Show: Mystic Green

Hey guys!! Sorry it's been so long since I made a real post! I've had a ton of stuff going on in my personal life and that meant I had to put blogging on the back burner. 

Today I have what I consider an interesting post for you. So, like many of you are, I love holographic polish. It's just so darn PRETTY! I found a display of holographic polish at my Walgreens by Maybelline.... except they looked off. It didn't look like they were holographic at all! Well, I decided a few of the colors were pretty so I went ahead an grabbed two of them and decided I would swatch Mystic Green first. 

I was right. They really aren't holographic. Not linear, not scattered. However, Mystic Green is a very jungle-esque green. It almost seems like a duo chrome with a lighter yellow green that shifts to a deeper green around the edges. Overall a very pretty color, although again, NOT holographic.  



I do like the color. Sorry for the funky watermark. As usual, I'm on my phone and the "there's an app for that" doesn't seem to be quite true. Haha


So what do you think? I think this looks line the duochromes they put out earlier in the year. I'll have the other color I picked up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment